I had an interview on Tuesday for a receptionist job… and three days later I found out I got the position. I’m happy to be working and to be gaining more hours, but of course I still wish it was within my career goals.
It’s a lot harder then I thought it would be to get a job, but I feel very grateful to have any job at all in this economy. I’ll still be on the full time job hunt and hopefully within 6 months to a year I’ll be able to say I’m exactly where I planned to be.
Keep your heads up everyone!
Walt Disney World in your 20’s: Is it worth it?
In one word: ABSOLUTELY
Not only did I have an amazing time being 22, but my boyfriend had a great time as well (at 25 that old fart). It was an amazing trip and we’re already planning our second trip. For our second trip we definitely have worked our kinks out and have some great tips for everyone, and here they are!
1. Stay at the Epcot Resorts: It’s all about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION Since this was our first trip and we wanted to experience everything Disney had to offer so staying on-site was a must. We stayed at the Swan Resort, which is less Disney then most of the resorts and perfect for ppl in their 20’s, it had a Vegas-like feel to it. Also we could take advantage of the extra magic hours and there was a water taxi that could take us to Hollywood Studios, Epcot and the Boardwalk.
2. Hopper passes: We hit at least two parks everyday except the day we got there. We love Epcot… and the drinking around the world so it was our #1 park(I recommend the blood orange or avocado margarita in Mexico), so we would hit WDW in the morning and then hit Epcot for late night dinner. It also has the best souvenirs, I was able to find my family crest and get two prints for my brother and grandpa!
3. Don’t expect a relaxing vaca: This is Disney NOT Jamaica. Dave and I were up at 6:30 and on the buses by 7:15 to beat the lines. We wanted to get on every ride and see as most as possible in our time. Unfortunately that meant we missed fireworks, due to being sleepy or hitting downtown Disney, but we hit most the things off our bucket list. Which brings me to my last tip!
4. Keep track of two important lists: Your first is going to be a hit list, no not that hit list, but a list of all the sites and rides you 100% want to go on. And the second being a gift list. This is a list of names of people and ideas of things you want to get them. We had hopper passes so we were able to do our thing the first couple days and browse for things we liked and then go back and get them on our last day.
*** Most places also now either send your gifts to your hotel or to the front of the theme park for you to pick up at the end of the day***
We really did have an amazing time, and are planning and saving up for our Oct 2014 trip already! October in Disney means the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, cooler weather and all the Halloween activities. Which in my opinion makes the “Happiest Place on Earth” even better!!
Disney in T-minus 10 days!
Being the planner that I am, and Disney being in less than two weeks, my lists have begun! I just can’t help it! I get so excited for a trip and the lists just magically appear. It doesn’t even matter how big or small the adventure is, I make a list. My bf constantly makes fun of me for it, I even made one for his fraternity formal last fall. It’s okay though because I’m the one who never forgets anything and he gets stuck using my deodorant.
The top things on my packing list are:
1. Sunscreen: I bought a spray sunscreen to put into my little Disney backpack. So much easier to put on than the lotion and of course I got one that smelled great too.
2. Comfortable Sneakers: With all the walking Disney will bring us, flip flops are most likely not going to cut it. I hate when my feet are hot but sometimes you just gotta suck it up. I’ll be bringing my Sperrys and Coach converses (still gotta be cute!)
3. Tanks!: It is going to be close to 100 degrees when we’re in Disney and sleeves are not an option for me! Nothing is grosser then pit stains so I will be rocking lots of white and black tanks. Paired with colored shorts to keep things fun and still cute
4. my Iphone: I know this one is kind of obvious but I will be bringing my phone for more things then Vine and Instagram. I downloaded 3 free apps to help us around the Parks.
-WDW Waits: this app gives you real world wait times for all the rides in each of the four Disney parks! Of course I’ve already been looking at it!!
-Disney World:This app focuses on “My Disney Experience” giving you park hours, guide maps and even show times at the parks
-WDW beers: My bf and I plan on doing the drinking around the world at Epcot so this app was a must. You can look up beers A-Z from multiple countries and where they’re sold!
This trip really is creeping up on me and I cannot wait to feel like an 8 year old and having a great trip with my amazing bf.
On June 25th 2013, my father lost his battle with pancreatic cancer. Everyday seems so foreign to me without him but I know eventually it will get easier. My dad was my world and thanks to an amazing support system of family, friends and sisters I never feel alone in this mind-numbing situation.
One day there will be a cure to cancer, and no daddy’s girl will ever feel the way I do. I look forward to that day.
And now, even more than ever I am living “one day at a time” and I can honestly say my dad is in a better place where he is pain free and happy.
love you daddy. xoxo
My bf and I will be leaving for our Disney Trip in a month and two weeks. Both of us are very excited and have started to make a to do list/bucket list. Here are a couple things on our list.
1. See the fireworks, one of my bf’s picks and a Disney Must.
2. Hit the best rides and the attractions on my list are: The dumbo ride, teacups, the tower of terror and the Haunted Mansion!
3. Get the best grub: For Dave it’s a Turkey leg and for myself, I really want a Mickey Mouse shaped icecream and I am super excited for eating through Epcot.
4. Get presents. With two nephews, a niece, cousins and two grandmothers obsessed with Disney I am starting to think of things that would be perfect for each of them. Gotta share the Disney magic!
I am so excited for this trip! With a lot of family issues and sad times a little trip to Disney seems like a perfect paradise.
God I can’t wait for Disney World! 44 days and counting!!
Happy June everyone! Thankfully the weather is finally being nice and beach worthy.
6 days until my 22nd birthday and I have no idea what to do…any ideas?
Happy Memorial Day Friends!!
No barbeques or parades for me this year. It’s finally a beautiful day so hopefully my 7-hour shift will go by fast at the bathing suit place. I do appreciate the hours so I can’t complain. My parents left me this weekend to go to the beach and I’ve never had more nightmares of getting kidnapped then I did this weekend. You’d think I was 12! Well I hope everyone has a good memorial day!
It’s been less then a week since graduation and I’m back at Cameo. I’m applying for jobs and I feel really lucky to have this position to go back to in the meantime. I didn’t make the cut for grad school due to my late application but I will be reapplying for January admission. And with my stellar gpa this semester I’m super confident that I will get in this time.
I know grad school is going to be really expensive and time consuming but working in Higher Ed. is all I want to do. And these are the steps I have to take!